“Use your chopped ingredients to make a recipe (provided).”
May I present to you (the very difficult to make)*, brown rice salad, with cucumber, zucchini, tomato, green onion; cilantro and lemon juice; salt, and pepper.
Protein: Relax, Plants Have Protein
Recipe (by Forks Over Knives)
- 1 Cup Brown Rice
- 1 Medium Zucchini, Finely Chopped (About 1 Cup)
- 1 Medium Cucumber, Finely Chopped (About 1 Cup)
- 2 Medium Tomatoes, Finely Chopped (About 1 Cup)
- 1/2 Cup Green Onions, Finely Chopped (White and Light Green Parts)
- 1 Cup Fresh Cilantro Leaves, Chopped
- 3-4 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
- Sea Salt (To Taste)
Rinse the rice, and place in a saucepan with 2 cups of water. Bring the water to a boil, over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer, until rice is tender (about 45 minutes) ((or, if you’re Melissa, follow the directions on the boil-in-bag box of rice)).
Remove the pan from heat, and let stand, covered, for 10-15 minutes, then fluff with fork.
Transfer rice to a large bowl, and let cool for a few minutes, until no longer steaming. Add zucchini, cucumber, tomato, green onion, cilantro, most of the lemon juice, pepper, and salt to taste; mix well. Taste, and add more lemon juice or salt if desired.
Cover, and chill, or let stand at room temperature, for 30 minutes, to allow the juices from the veggies, and lemon to mix with the rice, so all the flavors marry.
Serve cold, or at room temperature.
+ This meal is refined sugar free (and sugar substitute free), to the best of my knowledge.