I’m just going to tell you: Melissa makes a balsamic vinaigrette.
((You all get 20 points.))
Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe (by Forks Over Knives)
- 1/2 Cup Aged Balsamic Vinegar (High Quality Preferred)
- 3 Tbsp Low Sodium Tamari
- 3 Tbsp Date Paste or Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Tbsp Onion Granules
- 1 Clove Garlic, Finely Minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast (Optional)
- Fresh Herbs of Choice (Rosemary, Oregano, Chives), Minced
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
First, gather and prepare your mise en place, including making the fruit paste (I have included a link to the mango fruit paste I made; you’ll just sub in dates for this recipe); alternatively, you could use another sweetener of choice ((like your smile)).
In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients together well. Or, if using a container such as a jar, pour all ingredients into the container, close with a lid, and shake vigorously.
Note: This versatile dressing and/or marinade can be made in advance, allowing the flavors to meld together.
+ This meal is refined sugar free (and sugar substitute free), to the best of my knowledge.